The IGFA is looking for a dynamic and proven Director of Development to join the team. This individual is responsible for planning, organizing and executing the IGFA’s fundraising activities. The Director of Development works closely with the President, the Board of Trustees and the Directors in all fundraising endeavors and directly manages an Events Coordinator.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to Jill Tapia, Director of Finance and Administration at firstname.lastname@example.org and/or via LinkedIn.
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum ten years fundraising experience.
- Proven record of closing major gifts ($100,000+).
- Proven record of securing planned gifts.
- Experience organizing and implementing fundraising events.
- A demonstrated passion for fishing preferred.
- Excellent organizational skills. Strong interpersonal communication skills.
- Proficiency in database programs (Raiser’s Edge preferred).
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver on short timelines.
- Commitment to delivering high quality work.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Sound planning, project management and administrative skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.).
Bachelor’s degree in non-profit management, communications, business administration, marketing or related fields.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Individual Fundraising (40%)
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward major gift prospects of the IGFA.
- Engage the President, Board of Trustees, Directors and staff members in cultivating prospects.
- Develop the Annual Giving Campaign and strategies for engaging prospects.
- Develop and execute strategies for the Trustee Annual Giving Campaign.
- Events (25%)
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the IGFA Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony.
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the IGFA International Auction.
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the IGFA Tommy Gifford Award Ceremony.
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the IGFA Annual Awards Ceremony.
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the Annual Online Auction.
- Oversee the fundraising and planning of the New Jersey Representatives Auction and Banquet.
- Grants and Foundation Relations (20%)
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward gifts from foundations.
- Assist other Directors and staff members with grant writing.
- Planned Giving (5%)
- Identify, cultivate, solicit and steward planned gifts.
- IGFA Representatives (5%)
- Oversee assigned IGFA Representative Council(s).
- Administration (5%)
- Manage and supervise employees as directed by the policies and procedures of the IGFA.
- Develop, implement and track the annual budget of the Development Department.
- Implement and track the progress of the IGFA Three Year Strategy as it pertains to the Development Department.
- Assist the President in miscellaneous problem solving and other duties as necessary.
Please send resume to IGFA Finance and Administraion Director Jill Tapia:
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004