The Executive Director is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the association, including developing and funding programs and initiatives that advance the IGFA’s vision and fulfill its mission. The Executive Director oversees the Association’s senior staff and facilitates the implementation and execution the IGFA’s comprehensive business strategy across all departments. The Executive Director is accountable for the organizational health, financial security and technological readiness of the IGFA.
Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to Nehl Horton, IGFA President at [email protected]
Experience & Skills
The IGFA is seeking candidates with a BA or BS degree in business, nonprofit management, finance, marketing, communications, marine/aquatic sciences, conservation or sustainability. A Master’s degree in one of these fields is preferred. The successful candidate will have a minimum 10-15 years of experience in a management role at a nonprofit organization, commercial enterprise, marketing agency, trade association, or an academic or scientific institution with proven capability in successfully developing and implementing long-term strategies that deliver against annual financial, marketing and organizational growth objectives. International experience is preferred. Finally, a demonstrated passion for recreational angling and an existing network in the recreational angling industry and community are strongly preferred.
Description of Responsibilities:
- Implement the three-year strategy to drive the IGFA’s vision and mission.
- Oversee all aspects of the day-to-day operations of the IGFA, including management of staff, marketing and communications, fundraising, finances, facilities, and development and implementation of mission-based programs and services.
- Coordinate work across departments to ensure that significant initiatives and programs identified in the annual business plan are implemented in a timely and effective manner.
- Collaborate with the President and other directors on strategic decision making to ensure the direction of the organization is aligned with the IGFA’s mission and vision.
- Collaborate with the Director of Finance and Administration to enhance the IGFA’s financial management systems and processes; ensure the stability and functionality of the association’s IT systems; and develop a talented, confident, motivated and high-performing staff.
- Collaborate with the Development Director to identify, cultivate, solicit and steward public and private donors to the IGFA and assist with the production and implementation of various fundraising activities and events.
Membership and Marketing
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to drive individual, club, captain and corporate membership and partnership growth and engage these constituents in the IGFA’s vision and mission.
- Liaise with the IGFA’s Representative network around the world and ensure these local ambassadors are equipped to drive IGFA programs and initiatives in their respective geographies.
- Collaborate with the Conservation Director to identify, fund and implement scientific research projects that advance gamefish conservation and the sustainability of recreational angling around the world.
- Collaborate with the Conservation Director to develop policies and positions on key issues in fisheries management globally.
- Collaborate with the Conservation Director to enhance and promote the IGFA’s Angler Recognition programs, including World Records, Slam and Trophy Clubs, IGFA Fishing Hall of Fame and IGFA Annual Awards.
- Collaborate with the Marketing Director to enhance the IGFA’s educational programs for youth and adult anglers, expanding these programs globally to attract new members to IGFA and help develop the next generation of ethical, conservation-minded recreational anglers.
(The above information has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by associates within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of associates assigned to this job.)