The IGFA is looking for a Communications Manager to develop communications strategies, plans and tactics to generate awareness, increase understanding and drive angler engagement in the IGFA’s vision, mission, strategy and three-year plan. Responsibilities include media relations, editorial calendar management, content development, video and graphic production, analytics and reporting. This position has no direct reports. Interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to Jill Tapia, Director of Finance and Administration at [email protected].
Experience and Skills:
- Minimum five years of experience working in non-profit or corporate communications, public relations, marketing communications, digital/web content creation, journalism, entertainment or advertising.
- Excellent reporting, writing and editing skills.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Fluency in two or more languages preferred.
- Excellent communications technology skills and quick learner/adaptor of new communications tools and platforms.
- Proficiency in website management and publishing software packages such as WordPress, Quark Express, InDesign, FinalCut Pro X and Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop, Lightroom, Illustrator, Premier.
- Proficiency in website, media monitoring and social media management software packages such as Google Analytics, Meltwater, Blackbaud Online Express, Sprout Social and Facebook analytical tools.
- Passion for recreational angling and demonstrated knowledge of the sport.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines and deliver on short timelines.
- Commitment to delivering high quality work.
- Strategic and creative thinking.
- Sound planning, project management and administrative skills.
- Competence in Microsoft Office. (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, etc.)
Description of Responsibilities:
1. Communications Strategy, Planning and Collaboration (10%)
- Develop communications strategies, plans and tactics to generate awareness, increase understanding and drive angler engagement in the IGFA’s vision, mission, strategy and three-year plan.
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with subject matter experts on staff and in the IGFA’s international network to gather information and provide communications support for key initiatives.
2. Editorial Calendar Management and Content Creation for IGFA Communications Platforms (50%)
- Develop and maintain a consistent and compelling calendar of editorial content for www.igfa.org, the digital International Angler and IGFA social media platforms.
- Report, write and publish stories for www.igfa.org, the digital International Angler and the IGFA World Record Game Fishes publication.
- Draft leadership messages and announcements for email distribution to trustees, representatives, captains, clubs and members.
- Develop communications briefs to guide the production of content for IGFA communications platforms and events.
3. Media Relations (20%)
- Assess and prioritize short- and long-term opportunities to promote the IGFA’s vision, mission, strategy and plans in angling industry media globally.
- Develop and execute a strategic relationship building plan for key media to place stories highlighting IGFA’s programs and initiatives.
- Conduct regular outreach to angling industry media and manage all external media contacts.
- Monitor external media and intervene as needed to ensure that the IGFA is represented fairly and accurately.
- Develop and distribute regular media monitoring reports and coverage highlights to IGFA staff, trustees and representatives.
- Research and write all news releases and external announcements.
4. Image, Graphics and Vendor Management (10%)
- Create and manage images and graphics for use in mass communications and presentations.
- Manage outside vendors for graphics, video and event production.
5. Surveys and Analytics Management (5%)
- Manage the development, administration and analysis of periodic membership surveys to measure communications impact.
- Develop and maintain routine analytic reports to track communications performance.
6. Production and Logistics Management for IGFA Events (5%)
- Manage production logistics and audio-visual set-up for IGFA events.
Please send resume to IGFA Finance and Administraion Director Jill Tapia:
Email: [email protected]
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004