Celebrate Angling on IGFA Day
June 7 , 2019
In recognition of our historic 80th anniversary, the IGFA has announced plans for the inaugural International Game Fish Angling Day (IGFA Day) on June 7, 2019, as a way to celebrate recreational angling and galvanize its international network of supporters around the world! This year, the focus of IGFA Day will be on youth education to align with the IGFA's ongoing initiative to teach 100,000 kids to fish.
See more information below on how you can get involved!
Participate in IGFA Day!
Here's how you can get involved in IGFA Day and help education the next generation of ethical anglers!
Find a Clinic
The IGFA will be coordinating youth fishing clinics around the world around June 7, 2019. See below for a list of events!
- Guapimirim, Rio de Janeiro – June 7, 2019
- Rio de Janeiro – June 7, 2019
- Cartagena – Date TBD
- Paris – Big Game Fishing Club of France – July 7, 2019
- Corfu – June 30, 2019
- Guanaja – Fish for Change - June 8, 2019
- Jugra, Selangor – The Milkfish Lady – June 8, 2019
- June 8, 2019
- La Paz, Baja California Sur - June 6, 2019
- La Cruz de Huanacaxtle - June 7, 2019
- Auckland – New Zealand Sport Fishing Council – Date TBD
- Pinas Bay – Tropic Star Lodge – June 8, 2019
- Lima – Sportfishing Peru – June 8, 2019
- Cabo Rojo – Sexto Torneo de Pesca Juvenil – June 8, 2019
- Aberdeen – Fotherby’s – June 7, 2019
- Dania Beach, Florida – IGFA – June 8, 2019
- Pompano Beach, Florida - June 6, 2019
- Port Huenene Fishing Pier, California - June 9, 2019
- Swainton, New Jersey – EcoVentures Fishing Clinic – June 6, 2019
- San Diego, California – Port of San Diego Kids Fishing Derby – June 9, 2019
- The IGFA has recently launched its Online Angling Modules for kids with the release of the Intro to Fishing module! These fun and educational modules are FREE to the public and provide a great alternative to participating in a hands-on clinic. Click here to access the IGFA Online Angling Modules. One lucky kid who completes the Intro to Fishing module before June 9, 2019, will receive a FREE IGFA Lifetime Membership.
Take a Kid Fishing
- Get involved in IGFA Day on an individual level by taking a kid fishing on your own time. Tie your fishing trip in with IGFA Day by posting a photo on Facebook, tag the IGFA and use the hashtag #igfaday. One lucky participant will receive a FREE IGFA Lifetime Membership!
For more information on how you can get involved in IGFA Day, please contact IGFA Youth Education Manager Lisa Morse at email@example.com or 954-924-4340.
Join Us at the IGFA
- On Saturday, June 8, 2019, the IGFA will host a free family fishing clinic at our headquarters in South Florida. The event will run from 10 a.m. - 2 p.m. and is open to the public. Families are encouraged to come out and participate in the celebration which will include: free youth fishing clinics; fishing in the IGFA ponds for peacock bass, largemouth bass, gar and more; free hot dogs and refreshments; tours of the IGFA Library and more! Don't miss out on this great event to celebrate the IGFA's 80th Anniversary!
- For more information on the event, please contact IGFA Youth Angling Instructor Joanna Olczyk at firstname.lastname@example.org of 954-924-4308.