IGFA Weigh Stations
IGFA Weigh Stations are located in marinas and tackle shops around the world and provide anglers with access to a certified scale and knowledgeable individuals to assist with weighing potential IGFA world records or other significant catches.
Listed below are the benefits and obligations associated with the IGFA’s Weigh Stations Program. For more information, please contact Denise Hartman, Membership Development Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 954-924-4243.
- Official designation and recognition as an “IGFA Weigh Station”
- Listing on the IGFA’s website and in the IGFA’s World Record Game Fishes book
- Official IGFA Weigh Station Membership Package including:
- One (1) annual membership to the IGFA and all associated member benefits.
- Two (2) IGFA Weigh Station decals.
- Your official IGFA Weigh Station ID card.
- Your official IGFA Weigh Station certificate suitable for framing.
- Referrals from IGFA Headquarters and publicity to generate traffic to your business.
1. Complete and submit an IGFA Weigh Station application.
2. Maintain an accurate scale on the premises that is certified annually, and provide IGFA with copies of the current scale certification attesting to the validity of the scale.
3. Maintain an accurate scale on the premises that is certified annually and provide the IGFA with a copy of the current scale certification attesting to the accuracy of the scale. Weigh stations will not be processed until IGFA has received a copy of the current scale certification.
4. Once their application is approved, IGFA Weigh Stations are required to pay an annual fee of $100 (USD).
After receipt of the required documents, the IGFA will internally review qualifications and inform the applicant of their status. The IGFA reserves the right to deny any applicants that do not meet our criteria.