The IGFA is looking for results driven and self-motivated Grant Writer to join the team. Under the supervision of the Director of Development, the Grant Writer is responsible for researching government and private foundation funding opportunities, identifying those that are potentially a good fit for supporting IGFA programs and producing high quality proposals that result in awards for the IGFA.
Supervisor: IGFA Development Director
Days/Hours: Flexible, 10-15 hours/week
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Research government and private foundation funding opportunities and identify those that are potentially a good fit for supporting IGFA programs;
- Analyze RFPs, prepare written RFP analyses for senior staff, and lead discussions with senior staff to review RFPs that are up for consideration;
- Lead the preparation and development of government and private foundation grant proposals, including all external and internal outreach and planning required and the drafting of the narrative, budget, and all attachments; ensure that all internal and final deadlines are met and proposal components are being addressed by relevant staff, including development and program staff;
- Initiate communication with essential IGFA staff, including program managers, finance staff, and external partners needed for the preparation of high-quality grant proposals;
- Coordinate the submission of grant reports, as needed;
- Act as a liaison between government and private funders; advise program and senior executive staff on communications with appropriate contacts and funder agencies;
- Communicate opportunities for the development of projects that align with the IGFA mission and that generate future funding opportunities for the IGFA, including projects in partnership with external organizations involved in marine conservation advocacy and research, education, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree required or equivalent skill; Advanced degree preferred;
- 4+ years’ experience in producing grant proposals, with a significant percentage of grant proposals drafted and submitted resulting in grant awards, OR comparable advocacy writing experience in a professional setting (e.g., law, journalism, etc.);
- Exceptionally detail-oriented written and verbal communication skills;
- Excellent research, analysis, synthesis, and presentation skills;
- Exceptional project management skills, including relationship building and time management;
- Ability to work effectively and flexibly to produce high quality work products in an extremely fast-paced, deadline-driven environment;
- We seek talented, dedicated individuals from all walks of life who possess a strong commitment to IGFA’s mission. Relevant personal experience is highly preferred.
- May require travel to our Dania Beach HQ for initial program training.
Please submit a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Only applications including both will be considered. Please describe your experience in grant writing, your grant award history as well as any relevant background that you have in angling, fishery management advocacy, marine conservation or education related to those topics.
The IGFA is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination.
Please send resume to IGFA Finance and Administration Director Jill Tapia:
300 Gulf Stream Way
Dania Beach, FL 33004