COVID-19 Update for IGFA Members & Supporters
Update: Thursday, March 26, 2020, at 12:30 p.m. (EST)
Dear IGFA Members & Supporters:
First, I hope this message finds you safe and healthy as the world combats the spread of the coronavirus (COVID-19). Our thoughts and prayers go out to those impacted by this tragic situation.
As a valued supporter, I would like to assure you that the IGFA team is taking the necessary measures to ensure the health of our team members and our organization during these troubling times.
Heeding recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), all IGFA events scheduled for the next eight weeks are postponed until further notice. Additionally, effective immediately, IGFA Headquarters will be closed and all IGFA staff will be working remotely. We will continue to provide updates relative to IGFA events and programs as this situation evolves. Please contact us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Over our 80-year history, the IGFA has persevered through global struggles thanks to passionate anglers like you. We thank you for your unwavering support and hope you remain safe, healthy and compassionate as we work through this crisis as one global community.
List of IGFA Events Impacted
- April 17, 2020 - Education/National Park Service children’s event in Georgia: POSTPONED
- April 24, 2020 - IGFA New Jersey Representative Fundraiser/ Representative Meeting: CANCELLED
- April 27, 2020 - Annual Forage Fish Data workshop in St. Petersburg Florida: POSTPONED
- May 11 - 16, 2020 - Travel to Tobago for IGMR tagging: CANCELLED
- May 13 – 16, 2020 - Travel to the Custom Shootout IGMR tagging in Abaco, Bahamas: CANCELLED
- June 5, 2020 – Europe & Mediterranean Regional Council meeting in Paris, France: CANCELLATION LIKELY, FINAL DETERMINATION TO BE MADE ON MARCH 31
- June 19, 2020 - Central America & Caribbean Regional Council meeting in San Jose, Costa Rica: CANCELLATION LIKELY, FINAL DETERMINATION TO BE MADE ON APRIL 10