Trophy Fish Clubs
The IGFA Trophy Clubs recognize individual trophy game fish catches for certain eligible fresh and saltwater species. To qualify for an IGFA Trophy Club, the fish must meet either the required length or weight, as listed below. All past and present catches are eligible, provided they can be appropriately documented and are per IGFA Rules.
Fish entered by weight must be weighed on a certified scale. If the scale is uncertified at the weigh-in, it may be certified shortly afterward. Fish may be weighed on a boat and be eligible for Trophy Clubs.
Fish entered by their length may be measured on any standard measuring device. The length measurement must be taken from the tip of the snout to the rear center edge of the tail (fork length). An IGFA official measuring device is not required.
The IGFA differentiates Trophy Fish Clubs caught on fly tackle versus those caught on conventional gear. To be eligible for a fly caught Trophy Fish Club, all of the species must be caught on fly tackle according to IGFA Rules and the class tippet must be 20-pounds or less in breaking strength. Fly and conventional tackle Trophy Fish Club members are displayed in the World Record Game Fishes book each year.
How to Apply:
- To submit using our online form, click here.
- Download the application.
- Fill out the application in its entirety.
- If applying for a Trophy Club by weight, be sure that your scale was certified in the last 12 months and include the certification date on the application
- Submit the completed application, along with photos of the angler and fish to:
c/o World Records Coordinator
300 Gulf Stream Way, Third Floor
Dania, FL 33004